Thread: Coverage Areas
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 09, 2006, 12:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I have also never seen a game saved because someone called a minor foul or violation from across the court. If anything it is your ego that thinks you can save a game by making these kinds of calls if you ask me.
How we got this far of course I don't know. You taking what I'm saying out of context. If you read my posts you will find that I'm not referring to minor fouls or any violations. I'm talking about the big GIANT no brianer calls that everyone knows there has to be a whistle. These are very few and far in between. However I raised that point to the posts that suggest that you never can come out of your primary.

Quote:
If you feel you are going to save a crew because you are ball watching, then do that. I do not have to work with you.
C'mon. Nobody is talking about ball watching. You act like you can't possibly ever see the ball while it's not in your primary. What if you don't have anything in your primary? Can your secondary extend into your partners primary?

Quote:
It is also funny that when I hear these "we have to call everything in the game" people, it is never at a camp, it is never an official that is at the high levels and you cannot find any philsophy that reflects this in the mechanics or rules literature.
Well I don't know who you talk to or what camps you attend. The camps I attend and the level I work @ this is a philosphy that we officiate by. Nobody ever said that we have to call evreything. You need to take some time and read the previous posts. As far as manuals, try taking a look @ the CCA manuals. These will cover primary and secondary areas in depth.