Thread: Coverage Areas
View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 08, 2006, 10:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlet25id
It amazes me that often times we get so concerned with who's call it is /isn't that we lose focus of what really matters. THE GAME.

LETS GET THE PLAY RIGHT!
You can say "the game" is the most important thing, but what does that mean?

If you are making a lot of calls that were not there, is that not hurting the game? If you are watching the ball and you miss all the things that are in your area, are you not hurting the game?

If your partner is standing 6 feet away from a play and you are 20 feet away and he passes on something he is closer to the play, and you see part of the play and make a call, if you ask me that is not getting the call right or helping the game. I do not know what ego has to do with any of this. I know when I blow the whistle there is a reason. I know when I do not blow my whistle, there is also a reason. I do not need help from someone when I know why I do things. If you do not want to work with me, that is OK. But I get paid the same money you do and give me a chance to call the game properly or we should not work together anymore. Then I will likely get fired if I cannot do the job. It is not as complicated as you are making it. There is a reason why some guys get opportunities and other guys sit at home on a regular basis.

Peace