View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 07, 2006, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to drinkeii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
What you wrote in green is correct. However what appears in red is not accurate.

From the 2006-07 rules book:
"There shall be no replacement until the next opportunity to substitute. However, the removed player may re-enter during a dead ball after reporting to an official who shall be satisfied the player's equipment and uniform is in order."

In other words the same player may come back in on the very next stoppage (any foul, if the ball goes OOB, etc.), if the offending item is removed or the uniform is fixed. It seems that you may be overpenalizing.
Ok - point taken - but the player cannot return for some period of time, and the team plays short for some period of time, which reinforces that they need to come out on the field with their uniform correct and no illegal jewelry, etc... as opposed to the cases where I would have 4-5 girls I would send off at various times during a game for "forgotten" earrings, with no penalty, and just delaying the playing of the game. Now that there is some form of penalty, it has cleaned it up immensely, in my experience.

Except for this year - I have to say I had all but 3 games this season (probably 20+) where I had at least one player with forgotten earrings or jewelry of some kind that was sent off... and this was after the PIAA speech at the beginning to the captains and coaches, reminding them to check for forgotten jewelry, and often checking the teams beforehand as well. But in most cases, the first was the last in that game...