View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 11:38pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrvs326
Question (1): How do you report a technical foul to the table for a player/coach. Once you give it to the coach, do you just walk away or do you turn around and say to the table technical foul, white head coach? Also, here is a situation. A6 (bench personel) yells at the ref and gets a technical foul. This means the head coach also gets an indirect. Correct me if I am wrong, but this only counts as 1 foul towards team foul count. How would you report this, do you say white 22, technical foul and then say indirect on white coach? Finally, if a player who is disqualified gets a technical foul, what happens?
You report the foul just like any other foul, except you give a technical foul signal to the table.

Quote:
Question (2): If a coach presents roster at 15 minutes before game and then at 12 minutes wants to add a team member, is this still a technical foul even though before 10 minute mark?
What does the rule say? The rule says any change after 10 minutes. 12 minutes is not less than 10 minutes. Pretty simple if you really think about it.

Quote:
Question (3): If a team member becomes a player and then plays for 5 minutes, and then the officials realize he has the wrong number, is a technical foul still assesed or is it to late. Also, who is the technical given to?
You penalize when discovered and it would be a Team foul. Now any other mistakes like this cannot be penalized. You can only give one T per team for this infraction.

Quote:
Question (4): Not a rules question, but very important. Where do you officials look at when watching a player (arms and down?) Also, when off-ball do you focus on one matchup or what? What are some tips about this can any of you help me with?
First of all you should always try to look into your coverage area first. If there are no players or competitive match-ups in your coverage area you should extent coverage to watch other players. You always want to watch the players that are close to each other and are apart of the play then those that are just standing around and are not moving or not competing for position and trying to make a play. There is no way I can explain what to look at very well on an internet board. All I can tell you is when you are working games, the more you understand the offenses the teams run and the defenses used to defend the offense; you will better learn what to watch. One of the reasons basketball is one of the hardest sports to officiate, is because there is a lot to focus on in a short period of time. What to watch and when to watch will take many games and watching many games you are not officiating.

Quote:
Last Question: If A1 gets fouled and is about to get 2 shots. Then A1 gets a technical, what happens?
You shoot all the FTs in the order they took place. You have A1 shoot FTs first (if they were not DQ'd) then a team B player will shoot the FTs for the T. Then B will get the ball after all the FTs to put the ball back in play.

Peace