View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member

Rather New Official, Few Questions

Hey I am a rather new official (1 year experience) and I truly decided a little while ago that I am really going to try and go as far with this as possible. I decided to jump into the rule book and case book but have a few questions as I continue to read. I asure you, these will probably not be the last questions I have, but if any of you could answer even 1 question, that would help me a ton.
Question (1): How do you report a technical foul to the table for a player/coach. Once you give it to the coach, do you just walk away or do you turn around and say to the table technical foul, white head coach? Also, here is a situation. A6 (bench personel) yells at the ref and gets a technical foul. This means the head coach also gets an indirect. Correct me if I am wrong, but this only counts as 1 foul towards team foul count. How would you report this, do you say white 22, technical foul and then say indirect on white coach? Finally, if a player who is disqualified gets a technical foul, what happens?

Question (2): If a coach presents roster at 15 minutes before game and then at 12 minutes wants to add a team member, is this still a technical foul even though before 10 minute mark?

Question (3): If a team member becomes a player and then plays for 5 minutes, and then the officials realize he has the wrong number, is a technical foul still assesed or is it to late. Also, who is the technical given to?

Question (4): Not a rules question, but very important. Where do you officials look at when watching a player (arms and down?) Also, when off-ball do you focus on one matchup or what? What are some tips about this can any of you help me with?

Last Question: If A1 gets fouled and is about to get 2 shots. Then A1 gets a technical, what happens?

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!