Thread: eofficials.com
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 06, 2006, 01:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
Is there anything there that's useful for HS officials?
1. Philosophy on fouls.
2. Videos on plays and situations (the rules are often the same)

Juulie, the best officials I work with at the HS level are officials that have some college experience. Usually HS only officials tend to be very complacent with their knowledge, ability and mechanics. If they did something 20 years ago, they are less likely to evolve and change with the times. In my area we literally have many D1 officials in many sports and the things they teach the rest how to handle situations. Of course rules are different and trying to figure out the rules can be a challenge, but officiating is much more than rules. Also many of the mechanics and rules used at the college levels tend to come down to the HS level (table side after fouls, team control fouls and signal, running out of bounds violation). I highly disagree that someone that only works HS cannot get something from that site. If that was the case, then you should never buy any officiating resource, considering that most of the people that produce that kind of content have college and pro experience. That would also include the NF content and books as well.

Peace