View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 03, 2006, 06:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodibuck
At local clinic, we discussed three point signal for officials when working two man crew. When the shot goes up in lead's area, trail should mirror lead when shot goes in. When shot goes up in trail's area, I was taught the lead does not mirror made basket, but many of our veteran officials told me you always mirror made three point basket. What is correct?
As several have pointed out, the correct way in NFHS is that the lead does not mirror the made basket when the trail has it.

I have received sage advice from some excellent officials I know who work both HS and college ball, "work the game that is in the gym that night." In other words, ref an NHFS game like an NFHS game. I love that philosophy and when I work an NFHS game I use HS mechanics and when I work a CC game I use college mechanics. You really can't go wrong that way.

I know that some states come up with some variations on mechanics, but I've never heard of a state that monkeys with the 2-person 3-point mechanics.

Sounds like you were talking to some veterans that need to crack that official's manual for the first time in about a decade.