View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 03, 2006, 04:24pm

For me anyway it's funny this should be brought up. All of a sudden last year I worked with 4 different partners in different games that would be at lead and although they would signal that it was a three would then put their hand back down when the shot went in. Around here it's always been both lead and trail signal the made three point basket. Now all of a sudden they seem to be getting some different instruction or are confusing 3 man and 2 man mechanics. They were all relatively new officials.

It caused me some confusion because if I was trail my eyes would be backside when the ball is down in the far corner. Once the shot was up I could see peripherally that the lead was signaling three. But then when the shot went in and I looked to verify and then mirror the signal I either saw a hand going down, (and nothing else going up), or the lead had already put their hand down. So I was left wondering if they had changed their mind or what. Thats why both should signal the made basket in two man. In 3-man you have two verifying and in 2-man you have two verifying. It avoids confusion.

Last edited by sj; Fri Nov 03, 2006 at 04:31pm.