Thread: fashion police?
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 03, 2006, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

It depends on how the coach approaches me -- just because he comes out or question this doesn't mean I am going to whack him right away. Use common sense.

Besides this is how THIS conversation will go

Coach: How could you go that coach?
Me: Coach I have asked him to address this same issue about 5 minutes ago? I also let you know of why I sent him back to the bench last time you tried to substitute him in did I not?
Coach: Yes you did but how could you T me up or give me a second delay (whatever it was)?
Me: Coach how could you not fix something I asked you to just 5 minutes ago? how could your player not fix it as well after I asked him as well? Coach what else am I supposed to do when I ask you and your player to do something and both of you ignore me?
----now how this will continue if this is you
Badnews: Coach I am sorry that this upsets you and your Number1 D-1 recruit let me just recind my T (or whatever the penalty was).
Coach: Good boy, good boy -- heres a treat.

I mean really I am the last person who wants to give a T and from past posts I have made it clear that I am more lenient giving T's but dont mistake that for me not having the testicular fortitude to have to call one when players and coaches are just ignoring what I am asking them to do. My leniency should not reflect on my ability to have to be authoritative I just approach it differently then some guys here and by the time I give out a T usually players, coaches, administration, fans, even Bill Walton will know why said T was handed out. Its not really my fault that a thick skulled coach cannot grasp the concept of -- "Coach your players cannot enter the game with an arm band on their bicep" -- and coach looks at me and says "Ok" then sends a player to sub in with bicep band and I send said player back out to fix it and tell the coach "Coach I just told you they cannot do that". Honestly next time I would not even beckon said sub into the game unless there were others there -- and if said sub had bicep band I would send him back out and penalize with a delay of game. If thats the second one they hey its a T -- but nowhere there will I feel guilty because I spelled it out to the coach and I would have mentioned it to the sub and I would have told the coach earlier that these infractions I will make the sub wait till the following dead ball to enter the game.

His lack of enforcing his responsbilities is not my problem. I tried to work with him and address it but after a while you HAVE TO transition from talk to action.