View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 03, 2006, 01:37pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref in PA
I have followed this discussion from the beginning. I do not think you can go back and correct a missed violation.

Consider this play. A1 drives and does a jump stop in the Trail's primary area. A1 then pivots, then shoots a jump shot that is good. The Trail lets the play go. The Lead is focus on players in his primary and does not see the play. Coach B calls a time out after the made basket and wants to discuss the "violation." Trail admits a jump stop occurred and then a pivot and says it is legal. Coach B now appeals to you. Trail does not know the rule. You know the rule. Do you wipe out a basket on a play that was never whistled? I don't. I tell the coach we can discuss this play after the game if he wants, but as a crew, we live with it and take the heat.

I am still awaiting the interpretation of Mr. Jenkins.
Uhmmm...why would a jump stop followed by a pivot be a violation? That move has been around since Earl the Pearl Monroe made it poplular back in the 50's...a jumpstop does not establish a pivot foot, so they can still pivot on one of those feets of theirs without travelling...

I can NOT believe I actually added to the length of this thread!!