Thread: 3 man ?
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 02, 2006, 11:10am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Disagree completely, Tom.

Well, I don't watch a whole lot of NBA basketball till the playoffs, so I haven't seen it. But I've been told -- back in my USBL days -- by a former WNBA official and by a current NBA official that this is how it should be done (in the NBA).

Check out that old discussion here: Great experience

Also remember that NBA coverage areas for L and T are very different from NCAA. The RA doesn't enter into the discussion at all, b/c the Trail is officiating the primary defender. The Lead will officiate the secondary defender, which is the only person the RA applies to.
Again, when was the last time you saw a NBA official call a block/charge from the T that was in front of the L. By noting the different coverage areas you help my point - The L often has the play from beginning to end.
I respect your knowledge of the game and the people you know, but what you are saying just doesn't happen on a regular basis in the NBA.