Thread: 3 man ?
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 02, 2006, 10:15am
Huck Finn

Here we go! Is this one of those "get it right" things?

- The Lead has half the paint and from the middle of the free-throw line to the corner
- The C has the other half of the paint
- Whoever has the play should take it to the basket which in this case should (normally) only matter between the T and L
- If the L calls across the paint, it should normally be a delayed whistle. I like to think the play should be obvious/needed and the L should wait until he/she has enough time to think "Oh sh!t" and then blow the whistle otherwise IMO there is no reason for double whistles on ordinary plays on the C's side. All of this gets clouded during fast breaks
- As far as blarge's are concerned, I pregame having a preliminary come from the L - if anyone gives one at all. If the L doesn't call across the paint and the C is on their job, there will not be a double whistle.

These are some of the things I would be thinking about and saying during a pregame although it would probably me more detailed than this.