View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 01, 2006, 08:46pm
Official Forum Member

You can tell it's still early

Last night had a MS girl's tourney. First game is a total blow out. Score was 48-7 after three. Don't know or care what the score was when it ended. During third quarter my partner and I must have both been half asleep. I'm lead. Red 41 puts up a shot. I whistle a foul on white 13. I go to the table and report, "White 13, Illegal use of the hands. Two shots." I turn around to go to my spot when I see both teams breaking to other end of the court. My partner had just inbounded the ball to white while I was finishing reporting the foul. Out of instinct I break with them only to realize I had just reported a shooting foul on white. I let them get to the other end. A white player shoots and the ball is tipped by red and goes out of bounds. I signal dead ball, then point to other basket and say, "We have a correctable error. Two shots for red." She makes both. White starts to inbound, to which I double tweet and point back to other corner to resume play from the spot for the the POI and I give white the ball. I don't know if it was brain freeze or being lulled to sleep put of sheer boredom. It must still be early in the season.