View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 31, 2006, 07:38pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
You're muddying the waters here Tom. Only the 2nd case comes close to answering my question. My question is if there was no whistle as A2 quickly puts the rebound in after an obvious shot clock violation do you play on & live with it or blow the whistle and take the points off. Those are the 2 choices.

But that aint the question, is it? The question from Bob was if the T sees the ball hit the wire but does not know the rule do you play on & live with it or take the points off after the coach calls TO to discuss. Those are the 2 choices.
I don't think I muddied ( muddied) up the waters, I think you did. Anyway, if there is an obvious shot clock violation I blow my whistle and the bucket doesn't count. That is part of officiating with a shot clock. Again, if nobody calls the violation, is it really a violation? If a tree falls...

In the original situation, I live with it. I think several people have said this before. If you show me a rule that clearly says I can go back into time and change a mistake...well, I won't use it anyway!