View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 31, 2006, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
1. If this is a quick rebound/shot and the shot clock would NOT have expired, we play on.
2. If this is a quick rebound/shot and the shot clock would have expired, I put air in the whistle and give B the ball.
3. If this is a rebound with time before the shot, we stop play and put the correct time back on the shot clock.
You're muddying the waters here Tom. Only the 2nd case comes close to answering my question. My question is if there was no whistle as A2 quickly puts the rebound in after an obvious shot clock violation do you play on & live with it or blow the whistle and take the points off. Those are the 2 choices.
Quote:

Asking me, and many of the people who have responded, is close to useless. I would like to think that my reflex would be to put air in the whistle when I know the ball has hit the wire. If I'm not sure I shouldn't be blowing the whistle.
But that aint the question, is it? The question from Bob was if the T sees the ball hit the wire but does not know the rule do you play on & live with it or take the points off after the coach calls TO to discuss. Those are the 2 choices.