View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 24, 2002, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Some answers

[/QUOTE]

I don't know of any rule which makes it illegal to switch, nor can I think of a good reason for such a rule.
[/B][/QUOTE]

In hindsight, this was addressed at one of our assoc. mtgs. regarding a slightly different situation(coach decides he wants the asst to coach for him mid game, w/out leaving). I think common sense should help a lot here. Coach A gets paged that his wife is going into labor--obviously you let him leave and the assistant gets full priviliges. I'd insist on a reason, though. When I meet the coach before a game, I expect that that is who I am dealing with for the game. If I have more than one coach, I find out who the head coach is (if I don't know). If there are other circumstances, I expect to be notified about them by someone in the know.

Regarding the second question "in anger". I think you should do what you can to diffuse the anger. Calmly talk with him near his bench, not at midcourt. Tell him you heard him, give a brief explanation. If he persists in his anger at you--tell him to stop. Don't let him keep you there after the horn to harp on the same thing over and over.