View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 30, 2006, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
1) The error is correctable as per rule 2-10-2.
2) Cancel everything that happened during the wrongfully shot FT's--A2's 2 FT's, A3's foul, B'3 2 FT's -- as per rule 2-10-2
3) Go back and have A1 the shoot one-and-bonus with no one on the lanes.
4) Resume play at the POI, which is B's ball for a throw-in at the OOB spot closest to where the ball went OOB off of A1. Rule 2-10-6
Ok, this is the correct answer, according the ruling I got at my most recent rules clinic. However, here's my problem. 2-10-4 says that you cancel the FT and any activity during the FT's (except intentional, flagrant, blah, blah.). However, B3's FT didn't occur during the erroneous FTs by A2.

So the rule explicitly tells us to cancel A3's common foul. But it doesn't seem to tell us to cancel the FTs that resulted from that foul. It doesn't say cancel the foul and any related activity. It just says the foul is cancelled.

Are B3's FTs cancelled b/c they were awarded erroneously? No.

Are B3's FTs cancelled b/c they were attempted by the wrong playe? No.

You can see where I'm going with this. Is this just a common sense thing that we do b/c it must be right even tho the rules don't seem to say it?