Thread: Referee Gear
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 27, 2006, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

This is a personal preference (and often, regional) question. I don't stick with one supplier, but use several as I work both football and basketball.

For me, I get my football knickers, football flags and accessories, football hats, and soon to be basketball pants from Honigs. I get all my shirts (foot/basket) from The Officials Choice. The jury is still out on football socks, but if I continue with Twin City, I'll get those from the dealer in San Diego (forgot the name).

The majority of the rest of my gear (whistles, lanyards, etc.), I get from local dealers who show up at association or state meetings or a local guy here in North Texas (officialsports.net). I get to know these folks, especially the north Texas guy, and will buy from them when I can. As for socks, briefs/tights, etc., and even shoes, I usually buy those from general internet sites. I use under armour tactical, and only cop or military online sites sell that stuff.

As you might be able to figure out, I'm pretty picky about my gear, but if I like something, I keep with it.