Thread: Opinions Sought
View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 23, 2006, 12:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by REFVA
You are correct, but we have tools available to us such as spell check, Thesaurus and other such tools. When we deliver contracts we have people double check and triple check. I come to this board to enhance my knowledge as a referee and should feel comfortable to express my thoughts; I should feel comfortable to post my thoughts and not get berated or corrected for my spelling. I want to learn and hopefully add to the posting.

I want to be part of the group and not be an outsider. I also would like to be corrected for refereeing abilities. I just want to feel comfortable to express without being judged. Some of posting at times doesn’t even make sense; you don't see me poking fun at them. IMO

I guess I need to be less serious.
You're missing the point. You don't need to be serious all the time, you don't need to never be serious. You just need to know when to be serious and when not to. When Chuck made a comment about "stagnet" he wasn't insulting or judging you. He just thought that the incidental misspelling brought up a funny image in his mind, and he was sharing that. It had zero to do with your reffing. If you want to be a part of the in-group, you have to recognize when you're being included. Your apology for "your actions" is a good start. Now continue from there, by seeing the humor in the misspelling of stagnet, acknowledging that and moving on.

And by the way, I completely agree with what you said on the actual topic of this thread.

"I think everyone should always think that they can improve, otherwise you remain stagnant. " And I expect Chuck, Dan, JR, and everyone else on here would agree, too. Otherwise they'd have disagreed with the content, and not just joshed you about one little typo.