View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 16, 2006, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hensley
The conference lasted WAY too long, and it was clear that Welke was defending his call against one or more partners who had the same WRONG conclusion about what happened that many of us had seeing the play in realtime. But for Welke's intestinal fortitude in sticking to his guns, we would have been treated to a reversal of the right call to the wrong call, clearly wrong as the whole world had seen numerous replays by the time they finally concluded their minutes long conference.

A couple of years ago Tim McClelland very surprisingly and very WRONGLY overturned an Angel Hernandez call in a playoff game. I'm sorry, but sometimes these guys AREN'T "that good."
I think the conference should last as long as it takes to make sure they get the call right. We blast them for not having a conference and then we blast them saying they are too long. This is game 4 of an NLCS, get the call right no matter how long it takes. This is the exact play where I think they need to use replay! It would have taken a shortly amount of time to check a replay in the situation.