View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 21, 2002, 05:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Quote:
Originally posted by greymule
Carl Childress, Papa C: I'm new in this site, so I don't know what history you have with other posters and therefore what might be setting you off, but I'm not yanking your chain. All I want to do is understand how to apply certain rules in various situations. The posts have partly answered my questions but are still conflicting and confusing.

The FED book apparently contradicts itself, or is at best very ambiguous. The proof is that several obviously knowledgeable umpires would rule differently on certain variations of the play I brought up.

I thought the reference to the SCOTUS might lighten things up a bit, that's all.
Look, ANYONE who registers gets to post "Just my opinion." There will ALWAYS be conflicting answers on any subject of merit.

Freix, for example, is a particularly annoying person because he doesn't understand baseball -- but thinks he does.

My resume is available. I would suggest you choose between a JV official (like Freix) and someone who's been writing on the rules for a quarter of a century.

Take it or leave it: I've done my last word on this subject. Hell, it's something any first-year official knows, and the language of FED is perfectly plain.