View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 03, 2006, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
OK....on topic....

Did you read the case play? It stated "A1 catches the ball while in the air and tosses it back...". If the player caught the ball and then threw it back, the player (1) established player control with the catch, and (2) started a dribble with the toss. Rules 4-12-1 and 4-15-1. Iow, the case play already told us that it was a controlled save.

And....off topic... please don't tell anyone here how or what to post. That's up to the moderators', not you or anyone else-including me. Also not meaning to be negative.

Jurassic I never told anyone how nor what to post. I just politefully asked that we stay on the topic of basketball without putting up cute pictures and talking about eating popcorn, correcting grammar, and other cute anecdotes that seem to make it into the threads, when indeed the topic is basketball officiating. Threads could be alot shorter and people's amounts of posts would be a ton less. I don't mean to start a fight, just felt like I should let it be known, although by the amount of post I have it doesn't give me that much credibility or believeability to the rest of the big timers on the forum.

I did read the post and I was just throwing in my two cents about how we, as officials, need to recognize the difference between the two saves. I know it was off topic a little bit from the main thread point, but it was still within the realm of basketball officiating.