View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 02, 2006, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junker
Just checking to see if I'm the only one with this problem....I can't stop myself from working lower level basketball. I've had a very good varsity schedule for a couple of seasons now, including my first college games this season. The last 2 years I've been telling myself I am cutting out almost anything less than varsity. Now I've found myself with varsity every Tuesday and Friday (and a few Saturdays) and a bunch of lower level games pushing my total dates up to around 50. I'm selective about where I work (I choose the schools I really enjoy and the ones that are close). I know I'll be burnt out at the end of the season, but this time of year I'm looking so forward to the games (and of course honestly the money) that I have a hard time saying no. Anyway, did anyone else have this problem and how do you get yourself to say no?
I don't see this as a problem, if you don't mind working lower level games and you enjoy it keep working them. You might want to talk to your assignor and have him hook you up with some younger officials that you can work with and make them better officials.