View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 19, 2006, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBo
Most of you know by now that i am an OU fan. I to agree that Borens letter is over the top as far as the game not counting. Think that is just a political stance to show that he is standing up for his school. Deep down he knows nothing will happen.

As far as the comment when OU wins they WON the game and when the lose they got cheated; show me one fan base who does not have that attitude among their followers. Most fans can be realist but every fan base has their share.

As far as the replay system itself in NCAA that as an official i would hate is the fact the Ref on the field is totally out of the review process. Unlike the NFL where they have a monitor on the sideline, he has put his fate in a guy upstairs. The crew is at the mercy of the upstairs review guy. In this case if the head ref sees maybe he does overturn it and this controversey is all avoided, but instead you have some guy up there playing god. As an official if i or my crew made the call let me review so i can live with my decision and solely my decision.

You probably would have won the game by 20 points if your starting QB wasn't making $25 an hour and a job he wasn't showing up for! Was that also the PAC 10 officiating crews fault or the reply officials fault?