View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 19, 2006, 12:07am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to nickrego
How it went...

I decided not to say anything, and just treat it like any other set of games.

Overall, it went OK, with no big issues.

The home team, 10 run'd the visitor's in both games. There was some taunting, which usually was started by the home team, but we nipped it in the bud as soon as we heard it, and the teams would calm down.

I did almost eject the Home Team Manager though. He kept complaining about the uniforms of two of the visiting team's players.

In the first game, he complained about one guy who was wearing an older all white uniform, instead of the current all gray uniform. This did not pose an issue, since the home team was red. I told him that since we are at the end of the season, how about if we just let it go, and play baseball. He said he would have to confer with his team. He did, and came back with,"OK, lets play." Smart move on his part !

In the second game, he complained and was upset because one of the players had the older blue hat instead of the current red hat. I asked him if he had complained about it to the league earlier in the season, since it seamed to be such a big deal for him. He said he did, and the league's response was, "Your going to beat them anyway, so don't sweat it." I asked him if he thought that player wearing a different color was going to affect their ability to play ? He said no, but it is against league rules. I said, "look, the league already said it was not a big deal, so I am not going to make a big deal about it. We have bigger things to worry about here, so lets just get this game over with." I guess he got the message, and said, "OK, lets play."

After he walked away, I quietly told my partner, if he comes out to either one of us again to complain about a pissy uniform issue again, we dump him. Fortunately, he didn't, so we didn't.

One other thing that killed me...Late in the second game, one of the home team players came out to me between innings saying one the visiting team players was flashing Gang Signals at them. I said, "Look, I wouldn't know a gang signal if they shot it at me from a gun, so there is nothing I can do about it." I looked the player's way and said, "Come on. Look at that scrawny little kid. He probably still uses Mr. Bubble when he takes a bath. He would crap his pants if he saw a real gang. Let's just get through the inning, and you can put up the win and send them home. OK ?" The guy started laughing and said, "Yeah, no problem. Thanks."

I have much less issues with the kids leagues than with the supposed adult leagues. No wonder the world is such a mess !

Nick