View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 18, 2006, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

We cover games up to 60 miles away from my home but typically games are within 30 miles and we receive no mileage.

Our association requires us to arrive 30 minutes before game time. We have many who arrive at least an hour before game time, this gives them time to relax and unwind before there game and offers a buffer should there be an issue with traffic. However, there are many times, especially with sub-varsity games, when partners arrive less than 10 minutes before game time. Because of my schedule, many times during the season I will work a early sub-varsity game and then a varsity game at another location. The pre-game more times is nothing more than introduction to each other and lets get captains. My opinion is that if you cannot get there at least 30 minutes before game time, don't accept the game. It is not fair to player and coaches wondering if they are only going to have 1 official work there game and it is not right to your partner who is wondering if you are going to show up.