Thread: LL Bat Question
View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 16, 2006, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hensley
A quick check of The Right Call confirms this interpretation:

Colored bats are bats that come from factory stained a certain color (brown or black). Bats painted in the family garage or basements are not legal.

Proving the old adage "even a blind pig finds an acorn every once in awhile."

What you say is true, but not for the specific question you asked in this thread. You asked a question that is clearly and explicitly answered in the rulebook, exactly where anyone with passing familiarity with how the OBR and the Little League rulebook are organized would logically look.

You're 15. Most of us realize that, and are willing to cut you the necessary slack. But you remind me of my own kids when they were your age and learning to drive. When we would go driving and I would give them instruction, which necessarily included criticism of actions they took that were ill-advised, they would get all defensive and argumentative. That's unproductive. If you really want to learn, then you're going to have to suck it up and TAKE THE CRITICISM.

The question you asked was elementary and easily self-answered with reasonable effort, and you clearly did not make that effort. We're here to help you with more substantive questions about umpiring. When you start asking those questions, I'm pretty sure you'll get more enlightening and less harsh responses.
Colored bats are bats that come from factory stained a certain color (brown or black). Bats painted in the family garage or basements are not legal.

"Fine, Blue, but I painted this bat in my bedroom".

Bob