Thread: LL Bat Question
View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 16, 2006, 09:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLPA13UmpDan
Whats meant by that is- bats that are not painted my the manufacturer

Same way in LL with Batting Helmets- unless it comes from the factory that way, it cannot be used.

Im dead sure thats what is being implied. If it comes from the factory painted up, its legal, but it if you buy a bat and dig out a can of paint, it cannot be used (same with batting helmets)
A quick check of The Right Call confirms this interpretation:

Colored bats are bats that come from factory stained a certain color (brown or black). Bats painted in the family garage or basements are not legal.

Proving the old adage "even a blind pig finds an acorn every once in awhile."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLPA13UmpDan
Thanks for those people who see both sides of things. I have books, i read them. It is very true that the books (LL) are a little messed around. I pick up quickly on rules, but some stuff is just confusing. Some stuff is very hard to remember, like substitution rules, so if something does happen we have the book.. I dont know anyone that knows the book by heart. Its almost impossible, with all thats in there.
What you say is true, but not for the specific question you asked in this thread. You asked a question that is clearly and explicitly answered in the rulebook, exactly where anyone with passing familiarity with how the OBR and the Little League rulebook are organized would logically look.

You're 15. Most of us realize that, and are willing to cut you the necessary slack. But you remind me of my own kids when they were your age and learning to drive. When we would go driving and I would give them instruction, which necessarily included criticism of actions they took that were ill-advised, they would get all defensive and argumentative. That's unproductive. If you really want to learn, then you're going to have to suck it up and TAKE THE CRITICISM.

The question you asked was elementary and easily self-answered with reasonable effort, and you clearly did not make that effort. We're here to help you with more substantive questions about umpiring. When you start asking those questions, I'm pretty sure you'll get more enlightening and less harsh responses.