View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 16, 2006, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref_ Fred
I can appreciate what you are saying, I guess I take my officiating very seriously.
Fred, I'm glad that my words came across the way I intended. As I said, we're always glad to have new folks come here and share and learn with the rest of us.

And you will find that many (if not most) of us also take our officiating very seriously. Very seriously. We've got guys here who have worked multiple HS state championships. (I've only made it as far as the semis.) We've got D1 officials on this board. We've got a guy who worked the NCAA D3 Women's Final Four last year. We've got rules interpreters. And Jurassic, as much of a curmudgeon as he is, is a HS assignor, I believe. So he takes officiating very seriously, you can be sure of that.

So there are a lot of guys here who know what they're talking about. While you have every right to be proud of what you've accomplished, don't make the mistake of thinking that you can't learn from the rest of us.

Quote:
I was very fortunate to have been trained by a very sucessful D1 official and contribute my sucess to him.
Ok, well, since you're going to be here a while (we all hope), you might as well be introduced to Mr. Annoying Spelling Guy. That happens to be. . . me! Normally, I would consider it a typo, but you did it twice in one sentence. "Success" has two "c"s in it. Just thought you should know.

And while we're at it, you should probably also meet your friendly neighborhood Mr. Annoying Grammar Guy. That happens to be. . . well, what do you know? . . . also me! When you contribute your success to that D1 official, do you get to write it off on your taxes? You probably mean that you attribute it to him/her.

Quote:
I guess I have to lighten up..
Maybe just a little. But now that JR has growled at you, and you've met the charming Mr. Grammar/Spelling Guy, it should all be smooth sailing from here!!

Last edited by ChuckElias; Sat Sep 16, 2006 at 10:48am.