View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 15, 2006, 08:02am
Official Forum Member

Adults are easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrego
We are down to the play-offs for the Mexican-American Adult league my son and I work on Sunday's.

We have been assigned a double header for two teams that have had lots of tension between them, and have already had one all-out brawl early in the season.

The league has asked me to give them some sort of "pep talk" to try to head off any tensions at the plate meetings.

Having this kind of a talk with two youth teams is no problem. But these are grown men (that act like babies sometimes) who don't want any kind of lecture from me, or any other official.

I'm thinking my best bet would be to pull my Stainless Steel Colt 45 Officers Model Semi-Automatic out of my ball bag, jack a round into the chamber, and just say, "I don't expect any trouble today...Right fellas ?"
The fact that you are working with adults should make it easier.

They know what's at stake, they know what's happened in the past.

Address it quickly and firmly and move on. Guys this is a big game as you know, we're here to play baseball. Anything else and you will pay the price.

And then proceed. As suggested, the first sign of trouble or any kind, start with ejecting the best players.

Thansk
David