View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 02, 2006, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

Would like refreshers on these

1. Beginning of second quarter, Team A has the arrow. Second buzzer sounds, team A comes out of huddle 15 seconds late. My partner, b4 team A breaks huddle, puts ball down and begins chop, ends up in 5 second call.

We ruled that the change of possession SHOULD change after the ball was awarded to team B and they inbounded, that this simply was not a violation. did we do right here?

2. After halftime, players came out onto court before 15 second buzzer sounded. After 15 second buzzer, one coach wanted to change a player (presumably after she saw the other teams lineup).

We ruled that coach could not substitute following the 15 second buzzer, right or wrong?

3. really, truly, how important is it to raise the open hand when calling a violation? On the whistle, if my partner has a raised fist, I know its a foul. Whistel with no fist, I know its a stoppage in play not caused by a foul. Do you all raise the open palm on violations? Should I be anal about this?

Thanks for the responses.