View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

JR - you're right about the NFHS guidelines listed. Maybe I wasn't specific about my specificity?

All of the items you list still have a measure of judgement to them - any tactic used to "control", for example, or words such as "tactic...that intentionally slows, prevents, impedes the progress or displaces an opposing player due to the contact". I was just trying to point out there should still be judgement involved in the call. I was responding to the real specific items, such as "any two hands on an opponent", for example.

I do also have to point out a little inconsistancy on your part. You made the comment, "Jim, I would ignore those guidelines completely for NFHS. Several of them are just plain wrong, including the armbars and "tagging" a defender." Well, in your previous post regarding a POE from a previous year:
2) The measuring up of an opponent(tagging) is hand checking, is not permitted, and is a foul.
So there.

So, I'm not saying there shouldn't be guidelines, just not real specific ones like the ones listed that seem to take away the judgement.

(Used with permission.)