Thread: "No man's land"
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 03:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suudy
On a similar note, has anyone flagged A for illegal formation when the tackles do not break the waist of the snapper? Some teams get a real deep V going with their interior linemen when prepping for the pass rush, and sometimes the tackles can get kind of deep.
I had this two years ago. The coach wanted to make a deep pocket and decided the rules meant that the lineman was on the line if 'any part' of the lineman in line with the butt of the center. So he had his tackle in a 2 point stance with their hands streached out forward. (And of course they didn't always hold there arms up even... so they were often completely back even if the coach was correct).

I spent the complete first half telling him to correct it, and he kept the arguement that it was ok, so in the second half I flagged it a few times to get it corrected. After the game he demanded to see the rule, and when we showed it to him he just turned and walked away - of course without appologizing for flipping out about the flags.

James