View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 29, 2006, 02:37pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
You are correct in that this is "only" a mechanic. But you are aware the IHSA wants their officials to use all the prescribed Fed. mechanics, and they have made it clear that post-season assignments can be affected by the use or non-use of the prescribed mechanics.

Now, that said, I hope they don't keep officials from doing the post-season just because they don't blow the whistle in this particular instance. And, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that doesn't blow the whistle in this case as well. But it does appear that the Fed. wants it blown at the start of a FT, after a TO.

Anyone else blow the whistle in this case? Or not? (Uh oh, I feel a poll coming on...)
M&M, that is not true. We use a lot of mechanics that are not listed in the book or are modified. For example the how we administer the ball on the end line is different than what it says in the NF Official's Manual. Also when the NF could not decide for a few years whether to long switch or not to long switch, we were doing a completely different mechanic for that 2 or 3 year stretch.

I also go to the camp of our Head Clinician every year. He openly tells people that his way is the way the IHSA is doing things. And openly talks about how many clinicians across the state are teaching mechanics that are not the "correct way."

Peace