View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 26, 2006, 02:11am
Official Forum Member

I would bet that a lot is regional!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLE EYE
Read carefully and you will see that it was not I who pointed this out, but one of the "professionals".

Again, I do not have a problem with critiquing the LLWS umpires. Some aren't ready, and as someone else pointed out, may never be. Some have earned their way here. I read this board for feedback and as a tool to improve my game. I know those on here worth listening to and when someone is using this forum because nobody else cares to listen at home. When I read something like what Ace wrote and I know it to be false, I will reply.

I am seeing that some Regions are consistantly sending less then par umpires to the LLWS. Not sure why, maybe there are some politics being played I really don't know, but I can assure you that a lot of what is being said on this board is also noted here.

I know that the SW Region is not a free pass to the LLWS. If we do not look like we care in the way we dress, we will definately hear about it. Positioning, Timing, and Mechanics are a MUST or the only way you will get to the LLWS is with a ticket. I see those who come to Waco more focused on sucking a$$ then umpiring and never see them again, and don't expect to.

Rodney Picard
Lake Charles, La.

P.S. As previously mentioned, I was assigned to call this year but became seriously ill upon my arrival to Williamsport and was hospitalized. Stephen Keener visited me and personally invited me back next year. I will try not to let any of you down
Don't have anything to do with LL in my life but to observe, but I would bet there is a lot of variance in each region as to standards.

I've called just about any ball and all levels and I have seen that is true in most areas. The area I'm in now has very high standards.

However, in my travels I have been in other regions where there are no standards.

It would seem that many of those type of regions have sent guys to the LL World Series this year because I simply have seen very poor umpiring!

But as Garth stated, they get what they pay for.

thansk
David