View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 23, 2006, 01:40pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official99
First of all, I never said I suck up to the players or the coaches.

Second of all, I am not a cheerleader, I am a referee!

Thirdly, I never said we blow our whistles for them doing something right.

Did you read anything I wrote? The benefit of talking to the players during the game (that I have found) is when I do make that call that they may disagree with me on, they don't go overboard in their displeasure. In fact, they usually come up and talk to me - they ask "why did you make that call?" or "why didn't I get that call?" - rather than yelling.

I am not sure what level games you referee, but I have worked my way up from the youth level to college with the same philosophy. I have traveled as far away as Las Vegas for games (from NH that is a long ways). I have done games in front of Lute Olson among many other great coaches. My philosophy works and that's all that matters. Thanks for disagreeing with me.
The level of games that I work or haven't worked isn't relevant as far as I'm concerned. What I post here is. Just take it fwiw; you don't have to agree with it. I don't believe in posting my resume, and I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me. Apparently you do believe in posting your resume, thinking that it might mean something. Sorry. Unfortunately, your resume doesn't really mean much to me at at all.

Iow, I didn't expect you to agree with me anyway, right from the git-go

Btw, since you did post your resume, when you said you're working "college", you do mean at the D1 level, don't you? What D1 conferences are you currently working in? Just wondering...

Hey, if you think being Mr. Nice Guy means that you ain't gonna get crap from players, then you're living in a dream world imo. But, hey, if it works for you, great. Again imo though, any official is only as good as his last call...and if that last call went against a team, right or wrong, then all the sucking around and cheerleading in the world ain't gonna help you.

It is too bad though that you don't show the same concern for your partners that you do for the players/coaches.

Again, jmo, like it or not.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Wed Aug 23, 2006 at 01:52pm.