View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 17, 2006, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCubP
I need to be convinced. Here's my logic:

8-7-G: "The Runner Is Out" - "When a runner fails to touch the intervening base...and the ball is returned to an infielder and properly appealed."

8-7-I Effect 1.2. (for above listed section and others) "(Live Ball Appeal) If properly appealed during a live ball, the runner is out."

POE 1.B. "Appeals" - "Live. In all games an appeal may be made during a live ball by any fielder in possession of the ball touching the base missed..."

Those are ASA rules, in the ASA rule book, specifically talking about LBA, with no inclusion of the phrase "unless the runner is trying to return," so how is LBA not available in ASA, (regardless of what the runner is doing)?
Heck - with both you and grey telling me I'm wrong, I admit that regarding the LBA I might be mixing rulecodes again... I'll look it up again when I get home (or will just admit wrongness if Irish chimes in).