Thread: Fair????
View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 08, 2006, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Fair????

What is it with some coaches Idea of fair.

Doing a mini AAU tourney 2 weeks ago and one team is a slapped together team from Utah, the other a set team from Nevada. Game underway about 2 minutes in and the Nev. coach asks for a time out. I grant it and he states to me that there are 2 #34's on the floor and "what are WE (meaning he and I) going to do about it???"

Mind you this is AAU summer ball, there is no advancement or trophy to be gained. This is just so the kids can maintain their skill set. So I look at the coach and say "nothing this is summer ball and we're just going to let the girls decide the outcome."

I Put the ball back into play and I don't charge a timeout to him and we play on. Well assistant coach runs to the site coordinator and complains. So he comes in and tells the scorekeeper to just make sure that they keep track of fouls correctly (ie backed me up). So I tell the coach at halftime that I didn't appreciate the fact that his assistant went and complained, to which he said that I'm here to enforce the rules.

So I ask, okay I'll put her (pointing to duplicate 34), on the bench, but numbers 7 & 8 from his team will be on the bench at the same time. To which he answers, this doesn't confuse the players on defense. So its not a probelm like duplicate numbers.

Man I love this game!!!!