View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 04, 2006, 02:59am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Cub42
Dbh

First of all, you said there was a bad storm the night before. Your assignor could have called the home coach by 10 am to check on the field conditions. Next, who cares what the coach from PHL wants to do. If the field is not safe, you do not play. You and your partner, before you dress, should inspect the field. Remember, these are 16 yr old boys, and more than likely these coaches only care about winning. It sounds as if there was no grounds crew or field dry to work with it. But, when you came back to the field, and these numbskulls were out on it, you immediately collect your game fee and leave. If they had any chance of playing, they ended it there.
Finally, do not worry what coaches think. You are in charge, not them.By allowing there players to go on the field, they basically showed you guys they could care less what you said to them. I am not trying to chastice you, I don't know how long you have been in this, but a lot of the Amateur guys I worked with coming up, always felt like they should try and appease the coaches. Forget that. Safety is first, and remember, the rats will always come out when they smell the cheese.
Kurt Branin