Thread: ASA Blue/Gray
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 27, 2006, 10:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretMan
Re: NSA uniforms.

The NSA nationals are presently being held in my home city, Columbus, Ohio. This week-long event features 374 teams and all games are held in one location, the 32 diamond Berliner Sports Complex.

That's a lot of teams, a lot of diamonds, a lot of games and it all takes a lot of umpires! Kind of makes me wish that I had decided to pay the $35 fee to become NSA-registered earlier this spring. At the time, I didn't anticipate calling any NSA sanctioned games this summer, so I passed on paying the fee. It would be great to be calling games in this huge tournament atmosphere.

I stopped in to watch a few games last night. Of the dozen or so umpires I saw, each was wearing heather grey pants with the white NSA polo shirts. I'm not sure if they've chucked the black pants altogether- they don't sound like much fun in 90 degree, high-humidity weather- or if the grey pants are considered optional.

I do have one of the white NSA shirts in my "collection". I bought a like-new one on eBay last year for eight bucks! The shirts are cool and comfortable.

All the NSA umpire gear is available for sale at their website.
I found the website, Thanks
The black pants are for SP; I will be doing modified but the UIC is requiring the black pants. I will find out more at the clinics like 1 or 2 man etc etc

Softball in the Bible
"In the big-inning"