Thread: ASA Blue/Gray
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 27, 2006, 09:18am
Official Forum Member

Re: NSA uniforms.

The NSA nationals are presently being held in my home city, Columbus, Ohio. This week-long event features 374 teams and all games are held in one location, the 32 diamond Berliner Sports Complex.

That's a lot of teams, a lot of diamonds, a lot of games and it all takes a lot of umpires! Kind of makes me wish that I had decided to pay the $35 fee to become NSA-registered earlier this spring. At the time, I didn't anticipate calling any NSA sanctioned games this summer, so I passed on paying the fee. It would be great to be calling games in this huge tournament atmosphere.

I stopped in to watch a few games last night. Of the dozen or so umpires I saw, each was wearing heather grey pants with the white NSA polo shirts. I'm not sure if they've chucked the black pants altogether- they don't sound like much fun in 90 degree, high-humidity weather- or if the grey pants are considered optional.

I do have one of the white NSA shirts in my "collection". I bought a like-new one on eBay last year for eight bucks! The shirts are cool and comfortable.

All the NSA umpire gear is available for sale at their website.

Last edited by BretMan; Thu Jul 27, 2006 at 09:22am.