View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 22, 2006, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ToGreySt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C
Bringing the HBP rule more in line with the NCAA ruling that if the ball hits the batter and the ball is located in the batter's box that the hitter has to do nothing to evade being hit.
I assume that FED uses it's current rule becasue of a safety issue, we don't want kids out there not dodging balls that are thrown right at them...with that being said, I am very liberal when it comes to this call, if any motion is made to get out of the way I give the batter the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C
Elimination of dead ball appeals.
I'm not sure this is a good idea, this is a time issue more than anything else, if I saw a missed base and if the first baseman, the first base coach and the opposing coach all saw it, after the play is over I have no problem with the coach asking for an appeal without having to put the ball back in play and throwing over to the bag. this rule is exactly like the intent of the intentional Base on Balls rule. allowing them to skip over the process of throwing four pitches to intentionally walk a batter speeds up the game.

Joe