View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 09, 2002, 11:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Oz, seems strange, I know. But in HS rules here, throwing an elbow and missing is a T. Throwing an elbow and connecting is a personal. Go figure.
I have to take issue with the generalization of your post, Chuck. It's a technical foul to sing the elbows excessively with out contact. It's also a technical foul to swing the elbows excessively when contact is made. The T is for swinging the elbows, not for making or failing to make contact.

As for the original play, I have to agree with mick. I am not calling a T in this situation.

It blows my mind that officials are willing to call a T on a player in a situation such as this, but will let a coach eat there @ss all night but never call a T because he didn't "get personal." I don't give me the "kid could get hurt" argument either. He can't possibly get hurt unless there is contact. When contact occurs, call the personal foul.

When the NF tells me to call a foul for this or for faking a pass at a player's head, I'll call it. But until then, the swinging elbows is the only play of this sort that specifically requires a T.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith