Thread: Coaches
View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 15, 2006, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLPA13UmpDan
In our board we have 2 husband/wife, we have managers that are on the board, good friends, etc. Its politics. We do enforce the next game suspension; but the umpire must file a report to the President. This has always been a problem. The league operates with out much problems; but there are conflicts within the leauge. For example, The UIC is good friends with the league president, and i know this because the President lives across the street from me and I see them at each others houses alot. So basically it is BS. Now that ejection w/ the two coaches, didnt happen in the league which they were from, it happened in a interleague game about 15 minutes from here. I do games in multiple leagues. After that, i was suspended for no reason really; other than i let some steam go about the kind of crap im getting. They even tried to call the other league to get me thrown out from there to. All stems from enforcing the rule, and people not liking it. I realize as an umpire i will have "enimies", but they shouldnt be people who are supposed to back me, like the UIC.

Dave Hensley pretty much read my mind. If the BoD and the league itself is that inherently poor, then it's time to move onward and possibly upward. Contact the athletic director of one of your local high schools and see about working high school games. If that doesn't suit your fancy you should find out if there's an association for sports officials near you that supplies umpires to other youth baseball organizations in your area other than LL. Contact them and see if they can set you on the right path. I think you'll find that the umpires on this forum, to a man, would never put up with this nonsense.

Tim.