View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 06, 2006, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

couple questions

1st i know the rule for the backcourt 10sec. violation -- where the ball must be touched in the front court before the 10 count or its a violation but i would like to know how many call a 10sec violation if ball is in the air on 10 and if you give half a second or second leeway in such a situation or do you go by the rule and call the 10sec. violation.

Second on an inbounds player has 5 seconds to release the ball or have it touched inbounds -- a partner yesterday was adamant that the ball had to be touched inbounds before the 5 count

he had a similar notion on closely guarded that just because the player passed it had to be to his teammate before 5. I disagreed on both these -- and even the 10 second call and said i would give the players an opportunity and an extra second if the ball was in the air towards the front court before i would call a 10sec. violation.

I looked up the rule for the 5 count and i was right -- and forgot to do the same for the closely guarded one. any help on these?