View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 29, 2006, 03:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Remember, it's not just kids and the word you are searching for is "uniform".

I think they pay attention to this due to this because you know as well as I do, if they do not, the "undergarments" could, and probably would, go to the extreme in quick order.
While I can see Mike's point - and concede he's probably right about the appearance deteriorating - I do not like being the uniform and exposed undergarment police. I don't care if sleeves are rolled up(I am glad they changed this one). I don't even care if shirts are tucked in. I don't care about the color of sliding shorts. But, for now, the books used the words MUST and WILL,
I don't like the safety base - teach the players how to properly play 1B and this one definitely is not needed.
I would like to see something in softball that matches the baseball "force play slide rule".
I would like to see a penalty for obstruction, not just the removing of the effect of obstruction.
Most of all, I'd like to see one set of rules, used by every sanctioning body - but that would eliminate the reason for most sanctioning bodies' existance.