View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 28, 2006, 09:51am
Official Forum Member

Fines, fees and costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWuzThatBlue
Next topic: Mikulik was fined $1,000 and suspended 7 games. He is not in AAA so don't compare the two. He is a hot head, but all of the MiLB woes for the first four weeks were aimed at the repacements - even Delmon Young's idiotic behavior. You can't have it both ways...if you blame the umpires then, you have to do the same now.
WWTB: Are you suggesting that this punishment is appropriate for Mikulik? Are you saying that what Young got vis-a-vis what Mikulik got is equitable based on (a) Young's physical assault with throwing the bat and (b) the fact that Mikulik's tirade happened in A ball as opposed to AAA, where Young's happened?

If that is indeed your position, I respectfully dissent.

I didn't blame the replacement umpire for Delmond Young throwing a bat at him, by the way. I blamed Delmond Young. I think MiLB took appropriate action in his case.

I do not believe they punished Mikulik nearly enough. A grand and 7 days? Are you kidding me? And if one chooses to bring the old "AMLU-vs.-replacements" into this debate, here's the simple message MiLB just sent: we had the back of the replacements; we'll leave the AMLU guys twisting in the wind.

That's bad for umpires, bad for the Minor Leagues and ultimately, bad for baseball.

Strikes and outs!