View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 27, 2006, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalblue1
Hey now - the kids are stuck with what MiLB sends them (+POS screwed up this year & MiLB had to send some Honigs pants out. Some guys got no plate pants & some got only plate pants. The exchanges are just now catching up).

Just an FYI - this manager has a looooonnnngggg history of umpire abuse. Even the fill-in's had problems with him and his players.

The league president (Moss) is gutless. If this happend in either of the AAA leagues or any of the other A leagues Mikilik(sp) would be heaviliy fines and suspended for at least 10 games.

**** Now for the interesting part ****

due to an injury, the next crew into Ashville is going to have a fill-in, at least for a couple games. Unless Mikilik is suspended first, let's see who he picks on ... anyone for a pool?
Good Lord, I need waders whenever I read what you write Jim.

We read stories and saw photos from the AMLU of replacement umpires who were chastised for the way they looked. This guy looks like he borrowed Shaq's pants. If you can't afford a tailor, then maybe you should get a new career. Cops, teachers, broom pushers don't go out looking like that and expect to be called 'professional'.

Next topic: Mikulik was fined $1,000 and suspended 7 games. He is not in AAA so don't compare the two. He is a hot head, but all of the MiLB woes for the first four weeks were aimed at the repacements - even Delmon Young's idiotic behavior. You can't have it both ways...if you blame the umpires then, you have to do the same now.

Finally, I'll take your bet. He will keep ripping on the umpires who he believes make the bad calls. Did you miss his comment, "I thought the strike was over...the whole series was a joke."? That whole series was officiated by...ummmm, you guessed it - AMLU wonderkids.

Like I said, the difference between A ball and your local college scene is not very drastic. There is a reason why those guys are in that league - the umpires and the players.