View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 07, 2002, 12:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Any time a serious injury/incident occurs, I would want a doctor's note. In this case, you could use 2-3, or even 2-8-5 (the unconscious rule). Simply state that, in the judgement of the official, the kid was unconscious. Leave the real medical determinations to someone with an M.D.
So the question: Is a diabetic Seizure a serious injury? I've heard that with a little food or juice, it doesnt take long for the person who had it to come back to "normal" and in my game, this kid seemed normal. But I gotta tell you that I was unconfortable at times. I guess thats why we have insurance but imagine: I let him stay in and he has the big seizure rather than a diabetic type...or he has it while running and falls and cracks his melon. I can see the lawsuit naming me, the school, the coach, the township, county and everyone on this messageboard all because I let a kid who seemed and looked fine to all involved...play.

I think if I had it to do over again, I say "no". These decisions are much easier with the benefit of 4 hours to think about it.

Larks