View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 26, 2006, 10:29pm

Garth,

Good quotes, and I did say that by and large the founding fathers were Christians. Hundreds more quotes from the Christian founders could be added, but I didn't think it would be necessary. Of course, Jefferson, Franklin, and some others were exceptions. My seventh generation grandfather was Alexander Hamilton, and I come from a long line of Scottish Rite Freemasons and Eastern Star members, so I know the history involved there too.

The Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, both speak of God, our creator. Nowhere in either of these documents do they denounce the existence of God.

You said that they all worked together to keep religion out of government, when from all I've researched they mainly were working to keep government out of their religous freedoms, which is why they left England and the Mother Church, which was run by the government. The so-called "Separation of Church and State," which in reality does not exist, was an effort to stop the government intervention into the church's business, not the portrait being painted nowdays by the athiests, who want to tear down all the crosses at the war memorials on public land because they feel they are in violation of this mythical separation.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25